- Contact Info
- JC News
- Flood Info
FEE – $22.00 includes search and uncertified copy or notification of no record.
N.Y.S. HEALTH COMMISSIONER’S
ADMINISTRATIVE RULES AND REGULATIONS SUMMARY
Uncertified copies or abstracts from records of birth, death and marriage may be provided for genealogical research purposes subject to the restrictions specified in this summary. All requests must be submitted in writing and include payment of the applicable statutory fee. The applicant shall be required to pay the specified fee for the time spent for the search and uncertified copy of notification of no record.
What records are available?
- a. No Information shall be released from a record of birth which has been placed in a confidential file pursuant to Public Health Law Section 4138.
- b. No information shall be released from a record of birth unless the record has been on file for at least 75 years and the person to whom the record relates is known to the applicant to be deceased.
- c. No information shall be released from a record of death unless the record has been on file for at least 50 years.
- d. No information shall be released from a record of marriage unless the record has been on file for at least 50 years and the parties to the marriage are known to the applicant to be deceased.
- e. The time specified in b, c and d are waived if the applicant is a descendant or has been designated to act on behalf of the person whose record is being requested. A descendant is a person in the direct line of descent. The applicant shall provide documentation of descendancy prior to the release of information in those instances where a waiver of the waiting period is requested. A party acting on behalf of a descendant shall further provide documentation that the descendant authorized the party to make such application.
- f. All uncertified copies, abstracts, or information issued for genealogical research purposes shall be clearly marked with the statement “For Genealogical Purposes Only”.
Genealogical Application – click here
Village Office243 Main Street
Johnson City, NY 13790